Thermo Fisher Scientific's Ion Proton System uses the ion torrent superconductor sequencing system to provide fast, scalable, high-throughput, next generation sequencing in a compact, benchtop instrument. It is capable of producing up to 60-80 million reads, up to read lengths of 200 bases within 2-4 hours. It is suitable for human-scale genomic sequencing, transcriptome sequencing, ChIP sequencing, exome sequencing, copy number analysis, and targeted RNA sequencing. The Ion Proton instrument also features a simple touch-screen interface, low cost reagents, and accompanying software. Thermo Fisher Scientific's line of Ion Torrent sequencers utilize ion semiconductor chips that contain million of microwells, each layered underneath with an ion sensor to measure changes in pH. Template DNA that are bound to beads fill each well, proceeded by flooding of individual species dNTPs. If the DNA polymerase incorporates a complementary dNTP, a hydrogen ion is released and subsequently detected, resulting in a corresponding base call. The cycling of the reads occur in parallel, allowing for accurate, high throughput sequencing.
Features of Ion Proton :
• Fastest high-throughput next-generation sequencing workflow with the fastest sequencing run-times of 2–4 hours on the Ion PI™ Chip.
• Highest number of complete sequencing runs per week, with a simple and automated workflow (when used with the Ion OneTouch™ 2 System).
• Simple semiconductor sequencing workflows with robust and simple hardware that can be relied upon—no cameras, no optics, and no lasers.
• Scalable, high throughput sequencing capabilities enabling up to 200-base single reads and flexible library options (e.g., fragment gDNA, targeted/exome, RNA).
• Small benchtop footprint and mounting capability (with optional rack) (two Ion Proton™ systems per rack), to deliver the only benchtop genome center.
• Low-cost platform and attractively priced semiconductor chips and reagents for a range of applications.
• Proven Ion semiconductor sequencing requires no complex optics and employs natural nucleotides to deliver highly accurate variant detection, uniformity of coverage, and sensitivity to detect low frequency variants.
• Range of fast and simple library solutions and kits with low-input requirements for a variety of applications, such as genomic sequencing, exome sequencing, sequencing sets of genes, and RNA sequencing.
• Complete end-to-end solution from base calls to variants with the Proton™ Torrent Server and Torrent Suite Software v3.0.
• Simple and integrated tools for tertiary data analysis with Ion Reporter™ Software for DNA variation analysis across single, paired, or trio samples.
Cliquer ICI pour télécharger le fichier.